This is an opportunity for Finance Manager to join a FTSE 250 multi-site leisure brand (health & fitness industry) based in London (2 days per week in the office). This is an opportunity to join a business that has grown significantly over the past 2 years, having continually opened new sites with another 15 sites planned to open in 2024.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will be managing one direct report and will take ownership of overseeing the management accounts, month-end, budgeting, and forecasting for 2 divisions within the business. The role will involve extensive business partnering with non-finance stakeholders to discuss budgets vs actuals as well as project-based work including improving existing systems.
- Taking ownership of the management accounts and month-end for the marketing, repairs & maintenance divisions
- Managing and developing one direct report
- Business partnering with senior stakeholders including the Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Property to discuss budgets vs actuals and challenge spend
- Providing stakeholders within the division with ad-hoc reports as and when required
- Involvement in several projects including the implementation of a new budgeting system
- Support with the improvement of the forecasting process to ensure accurate reporting across the business units
Skill set required
The successful candidate will be an ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant with experience owning the month-end, management accounts, and budgeting process. Ideally, you will have experience working in a multi-site business and consumer industry knowledge. Experience in business partnering with non-finance stakeholders is key, you must have the confidence and gravitas to challenge senior management. Any experience using Workday or Power BI is desirable but not essential. They are looking for a candidate who is a natural communicator, can drive change, and will thrive at coaching Part Qualified Accountants.
In return for your hardwork, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work for a market-leading brand, amongst an extremely credible senior finance team. You will have the opportunity to progress to Senior Finance Manager and will be offered excellent benefits in this role including free gym membership, bonus, share scheme, and private healthcare.