A Finance Manager is required to work for a well-renowned, retail conglomerate, based in London, in what is a newly created role. This is an opportunity to work for a household name & multichannel retailer that has shown strong financial performance in 2020 and that has a clear 3-year growth strategy including expanding its product range and driving eCommerce revenues.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is an integral role within their newly defined, senior management structure. You will take direct ownership of managing a team of 5 in management accounts and accounts payable. Alongside managing, you will be working in a hands-on role and will be focused on driving change and efficiencies within the department and will effectively business partner with non-finance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of a team of 5 including the management accounting team and accounts payable team, taking ownership for creating succession plans, recruitment, and development of the team
- Producing the monthly management accounts, taking sole ownership for part of the monthly pack, and working with the Financial Controller to consolidate the management pack
- Business partnering with non-finance, with driving revenue and monitoring costs across all departments
- Driving process improvements across finance including leading on specific projects such as ERP changes
- Ownership of the quarterly VAT returns
- Working as the key point of contact at year-end, liaising with auditors regarding any queries
The successful candidate will be qualified with 2+ years post qualified experience. Ideally, you will be ACA trained and will have since moved into the industry, ACCA/CIMA qualified candidates will also be considered. The ability to lead a team is key, management experience gained either in industry or in practice is essential. Experience of working in a consumer-related industry where you have dealt with stock is strongly preferable. Ideally, you will have experience working for a complex, multi-entity business with a turnover of £50 million-plus. You will be proactive in nature with the confidence to drive change and will thrive at working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
In return for your hard work, you will have the opportunity to join the business as part of the management team at an exciting team as they embark on their next phase of growth. Additionally, you will be entitled to an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to develop quickly in your career within this ambitious business.