A Finance Manager is required to work for a Luxury Retail brand in what is a newly created role, due to growth. With its continually expanding international presence, this is an opportunity for a commercially minded, forward-thinking individual to support this well-established Retailer during an exciting period of transition and expansion.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be leading a team of 2 Financial Accountants and will take ownership of 4+ brands within the group structure. This is a key role within the group, in addition to the management of specific brands you will be involved in a variety of finance projects to support with the growth of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Business partnering with Brand Managers as well as the commercial finance team to support with reporting related to the brands as well as any finance-related queries for the brands
- Management of lease accounting for the brands including ensuring compliance with IFRS16
- Ownership of stock accounting for the brands including managing stock adjustments, provisions, and shrinkage
- Responsibility for the fixed asset register (including IT projects) and associated depreciation
- Commercial analysis including analysis of store profitability and providing senior management with commentary
- Management and development of a team of 2 Financial Accountants
- Continuously looking at ways to improve existing processes and procedures for the brands
To be considered for this role, you must be a Qualified Accountant (QBE will be considered) with proven experience working in the retail sector, ideally the luxury retail market. You must be technically strong with knowledge of lease accounting, fixed asset accounting as well as knowledge of stock in order to be considered. Previous experience of managing a small team is beneficial but not essential. Any knowledge of SAP and/or Hyperion is beneficial, proven examples of improving existing processes are also extremely beneficial. Personality is key, you must be a strong relationship builder and not be afraid to challenge the status quo and drive change. You must be willing to assume responsibility and take ownership in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
In return for your hard work and aptitude, this company is offering a highly competitive salary plus bonus in addition to generous discounts on company products. You will also have the opportunity to fast track your career and progress quickly internally within a well-known international brand should you prove yourself.