This is an opportunity for a Finance Manager to join a multi-million turnover, the market-leading multi-channel retail brand based in South London on a permanent basis. You will be joining at a key time, as they enter their next phase of growth through diversifying their existing product range and invest in new technology.
Working as the number two to the Financial Controller, the role will manage a team of 3 Part Qualified Accountants and will take ownership of the management accounting for the group as well as supporting with budgeting and forecasting. The role has extensive exposure to internal stakeholders including meeting regularly with departmental heads.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the annual budgeting and forecasting process for the group
- Business partnering with senior management including departmental heads on a monthly basis to discuss monthly results and support with any finance-related queries
- Ownership for the daily, weekly and monthly reporting to the business including reviewing performance vs budget
- Managing a team of 3 including the development of the team and completing monthly and quarterly reviews
- Overseeing the month-end close and timely production of management accounts
- Supporting with the year-end accounting, corporation tax and VAT
- Involvement with various finance projects to improve and enhance existing processes and systems
The successful candidate will be a qualified Accountant with proven experience in a management role within a consumer or multi-site business. Proven experience overseeing month-end, management accounts and supporting with year-end, budgeting and forecasting is essential. You will be adaptable and eager to take on more responsibility and have the confidence to lead and drive change within the business. This role offers the opportunity to progress quickly, you must therefore be ambitious in nature and looking to develop in line with the company’s growth plans.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-paced, market-leading brand, where you can make an impact on their bottom line. The benefits offered include 30% off branded items with multiple yearly staff sales. You will benefit from a flexible working arrangement, 15.00 finishes on Fridays in addition to fast-track progression within a business that offers a clear vision.