A high-growth and extremely acquisitive, Private Equity-backed Technology business is looking to recruit a Financial Controller on a 12–15-month maternity cover, starting in September. The role will be based in the Head Office in London but with remote working available.
Having recently completed 2 major acquisitions, the business has further ambitious growth plans, and you will work as part of the senior management team supporting them to achieve these over the next 12 months. Reporting to the Head of Finance, your key focus will be to evolve the financial processes and controls to help facilitate growth whilst also leading a high-performing team of 5.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the financial controls within the business including management accounting, transactional finance as well as liaising with external providers for year-end and tax-related matters
- Leading the external audit including working as the main point of contact for auditors
- Managing a team of 4 in accounts payable accounts receivable, and management accounting including consistently developing your team and supporting the team in driving improvements and innovation within the finance
- Overseeing the month-end close process including continuously looking at ways of improving efficiencies and reduce reporting times
- Managing a variety of finance projects including the implementation of a new PO system
- Working with Head of Finance on any ad-hoc projects including supporting with the integration of the newly acquired business
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with 5+ years PQE, a strong financial controls background, and a proven ability to lead a high-performing team. You will have previously worked for a fast-growth business either in the Tech industry and/or a PE-backed company. You will know what good looks like and will have experience of managing transactional finance, month-end close, audits, and will have knowledge of IFRS. You must have proven examples of where you have implemented new controls and have the ability to develop a finance team as well as manage non-finance stakeholders across the business. An ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and adaptive environment is key to success in this role.
This is an exciting time to be joining this business as it looks to strengthen its position in the market. In return for your hard work, you will gain the opportunity to work as part of an extremely credible senior management team. In addition to this, you will be entitled to a competitive benefits package including a bonus, flexi-working, gym and a good pension scheme.