An Interim Financial Controller is required to working for a leading fashion brand on a 6-month fixed term contract. Working for a globally recognised brand, you will be playing a key role in driving change throughout the finance function.
Reporting to the Finance Director, your key objectives will be to lead the team through year-end as well as review existing financial processes and implement change accordingly.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with leading and developing a team of 6 through year-end
- Preparation of year-end financial statements as well as acting as a key point of contact for the auditors at year-end
- Change management including driving efficiencies within finance through the implementation and documentation of new financial processes
- Management of financial compliance including VAT returns and US sales tax
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly management accounts, stock/inventory management, AP & AR processes
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with proven experience working in a senior finance role where you have led a team through year-end. Experience working in the fashion retail industry is strongly preferable, previous stock/inventory experience is essential. You must have previous experience of driving change and implementing new processes within a finance function. It is imperative that you are willing to work in a hands-on role as well as having the ability to motivate and develop the team to achieve the goals set out.
You will be working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and will be rewarded for your hard work with a bonus on completion of the contract. To be considered you must be on short notice (maximum 2 weeks).