A fast growth, start-up consumer products business is looking to hire a Financial Controller based in North London (a hybrid of office/home working available). The business has experienced double-digit growth in the past 2 years which has included international expansion and the creation of new product lines, they are on track to double in size again in the next 2 years. This is a newly created role based to further support the growth of the business.
This role will work as the number 2 to the Finance Director and will oversee a small finance team. You will oversee the accounting for all international entities and will be integral in improving business processes and supporting the business in achieving its future growth through the implementation of rigorous financial controls.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Finance Director with strategic decision making to facilitate future growth
- Ownership of the management accounting, board pack and reporting
- Implementing robust financial controls and rolling these out across all entities
- Multi-currency consolidation of the monthly P&L and balance sheet
- Preparation of financial statements and working as the key point of contact at year-end
- Overseeing stock reconciliation across the group and implementing tighter stock accounting controls
- Overseeing the AP & AR functions, ensuring efficiencies in processes
- Management and development of a small team of part qualified accountants
- Various ad-hoc projects including ownership and support with the implementation of a new ERP system
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ideally ACCA/ACA/CA) with 2-3+ years post qualified experience working as a Finance Manager/Financial Controller in a business that has a proven track record of growth. You will have proven experience overseeing the management accounts and year-end, ideally, for international entities, consolidation experience is also preferred. You must have proven examples of where you have successfully implemented new processes and driven change within a business. Experience working for an SME/start-up is preferred as consumer industry knowledge. A natural leader is required for this role including the ability to be able to develop, grow and manage a small team. Excellent communication skills and the ability to partner with and challenge senior stakeholders is key to this role, the business is also looking for someone ambitious and proactive in nature.
As the business looks to grow exponentially, and you will be rewarded by progressing your career in line with the company growth. You will be offered the opportunity to work in a high achieving and ambitious management team and within a business that has an extremely rewarding company culture.