This is a great opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading retail conglomerates as an Interim Finance Director, based in South-West London (hybrid working). This is an integral role, working as an interim FD for one of the brands (turnover of approximately £80 million), covering for 3-6 months whilst they recruit permanently (opportunity to go permanent for the right person). You will be joining at a crucial time for the business as they focus on managing several transformation projects.
Reporting to the COO with a dotted line to the Group CFO, this is an opportunity for an experienced Retail Finance Director to oversee work as part of the senior leadership team, supporting in driving strategic and commercial decision making across all channels. Managing 3 direct reports, you will be leading the team in ensuring accuracy of the monthly reporting as well as driving forward key business projects including supporting with a system implementation.
- Oversee the production of accurate monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts
- Oversee full company accounts, P&L and balance sheet ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported to the Board
- Work with the senior leadership team, ensuring strategic goals are met from a financial perspective
- Oversight of all statutory reporting and compliance for the brand
- Review existing finance processes and manage implementation of more streamlined and efficient financial controls
- Support with the implementation of a new ERP system (group wide implementation)
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of 3 in finance (both qualified and part-qualified)
The successful candidate will be a proven Finance Director/Senior Finance lead with a strong background working in the retail industry. You will have proven experience leading and developing teams as well as the ability to manage and challenge senior stakeholders at board level. Experience working at a senior level for a business of £50 million turnover plus is essential. You will know what good looks like, you will not be afraid to challenge the status quo and drive change and will be key in supporting the senior management in achieving their growth plans over the period you are with the business.
You will be working alongside a very strong senior management team, in a dynamic and commercial environment, with no red tape in site. This is an opportunity for someone who thrives at working in a fast-paced interim role and in adding value across the business.