This is an opportunity for a Management Accountant to join a multi-million turnover, the market-leading retail brand based in South London on a permanent basis. You will be joining at a key time, as they enter their next phase of growth through diversifying their existing product range and large investment into technology during the pandemic.
The role has arisen due to a restructure and will report to the Finance Manager, sitting within a larger finance team. The role will take ownership for the management accounting for the group as well as support with budgeting and forecasting providing the successful candidate extensive exposure to internal stakeholders including meeting regularly with departmental heads.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with the budgeting and forecasting process for the group
- Business partnering with senior management including departmental heads on a monthly basis to discuss monthly results and support with any finance-related queries
- Balance sheet reconciliations highlighting any risks
- Taking ownership of the monthly management accounts and month-end close process
- Supporting with the year-end accounting, corporation tax and VAT
- Process and procedure improvement in relation to the management accounting function
The successful candidate will be a part-qualified or newly qualified Accountant with the ability to take ownership for producing a full set of management accounts. Prior experience working within the consumer sector (ideally retail) is essential. You must have intermediate excel skills (pivot tables and v lookups), experience with Microsoft Navision/Dynamics is preferable but not essential. You will be adaptable and eager to take on more responsibility and have the confidence to drive change within the business. This role offers the opportunity to progress quickly, you must therefore be ambitious in nature and looking to develop in line with the company’s growth plans.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-paced, market-leading brand, where you can make an impact on their bottom line. The benefits offered include study support, 30% off branded items with multiple yearly staff sales, a hybrid working pattern, an early finish on Fridays in addition to an allowance of 25 days holiday.