A leading British consumer brand, based in Central London, is looking to hire a Management Accountant to support with a new phase of growth. This exciting opportunity has exposure to a broad range of responsibilities including month-end, business partnering and project work. This role is an essential hire for the stock and margin team and you will be able to add huge value on a daily basis.
- Prepare and post journal entries ensuring accurate recording of all costs in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly margin reconciliation for inclusion in the board pack, with supporting commentary
- Be the subject expert on the difference between invoiced product cost and assumed product cost
- Manage risk and opportunity through the preparation of robust margin balance sheet reconciliations.
- Significant involvement in the year-end process, preparation of deliverables for the audit and key contact for the auditors during the audit process.
- Support the development of a robust and ‘future-proof’ control environment by continuously identifying opportunities to improve financial systems and processes and by taking the lead on implementing these changes.
- Training and developing junior members of the finance team
- Business partner with stakeholders from the Supply chain team to build and maintain lasting relationships between the two departments
- Involvement in projects as they come up.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated accountant who has a desire to drive improvements in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial business. You will need to be a qualified accountant and have had a minimum of 3 years of multi-site experience, working within a finance team in a high-volume environment. In order to succeed in this role, you will need to pay close attention to detail and be adaptable in your approach to work. Excellent communication, numeracy and IT skills are essential for this role.