A Senior Management Accountant is required to work for a growing successful retail business, who are experiencing a period of growth and are looking to expand further into the wider market. This is a permanent opportunity to work for a well-known brand which is continuously evolving whilst maintaining the brand.
You will be working as the number 2 to the Head of Finance and work alongside a part qualified management accountant. This is a commercially focused yet hands-on role where you will be taking ownership for the management accounts and will be business partnering with key stakeholders across the wider business.
You will be supporting developing junior members of the team and assisting with additional projects throughout the year. This role will play a key part in budgeting and forecasting and aiding with the wider strategic plan.
Duties will include:
- Business partnering with key stakeholders across the business including E-commerce, Marketing, Group and other Head Office departments as well as meeting regularly to review budgets and costs
- Supporting and reviewing the part qualified Management Accountant with month end and assist with developing their technical knowledge
- Monitor and review balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the Head of Finance to produce annual budgets including Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Capex schedules
- Produce the P&L forecasts for both stores and Head Office to aid strategic plans
- Support and prepare daily & weekly cash flow forecast
- Assist with project related analysis and reporting as required
The successful candidate will be an ACCA/CIMA qualified Accountant. You must have prior experience producing monthly management accounts including budgeting and forecasting. Experience working within Retail is essential, along with strong Excel skills including lookups, pivots and formulas. Previous knowledge of using Microsoft AX Dynamics would be an advantage but is not essential. Excellent communication skills are key to be able to work closely with senior management across the business, you must also be proactive, naturally curious and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with an excellent opportunity to gain hands on experience in a dynamic, growing business. Additionally, you will be working in a rewarding culture and will receive excellent benefits including discounts on products, life assurance, pension and regular social events.