An international consumer brand based in Surrey (3 days in office with option to working from London occasionally) is seeking a Finance Manager to join the business on a 12-month fixed term contract. This is an opportunity to join a global consumer brand during a key time of finance transformation as they look to streamline processes in line with their strategic plans. This role is covering for 12 months whilst the current Finance Manager moves onto a finance systems secondment.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Control, this role will manage a team of 2 Accountants. The role takes ownership for the fixed asset, leasing, inventory, and boutique accounting for the region. You will play a key part in finance projects, and they are looking for someone to drive change across their area of responsibility.
- Managing and developing two direct reports
- Overseeing the accounting for fixed asset and lease accounting (IFRS 16) for the region
- Ownership of the balance sheet reconciliations and month-end for the boutiques
- Supporting with the preparation of financial statements and working as a main point of contact for the auditors
- Driving process improvement across lease accounting, inventory, fixed assets, and boutique accounting
- Project-based work including supporting with the implementation of a new ERP system
- Supporting the Head of Finance with the day-to-day management of the department
Skill set required:
To be considered for this role, you will be a Qualified Accountant with post-qualified experience in industry and experience in lease accounting and fixed asset accounting. You will have proven management experience and examples of where you have driven change and automated processes. Knowledge of concession or boutique accounting within a retail environment is strongly beneficial. You will ideally have worked for a global, complex business, SAP knowledge is preferred. Personality is key, you must be driven, a strong relationship builder, and not be afraid to drive change.
In return for your hard work and aptitude, this company is offering a completion bonus in addition to generous discounts on company products. Should you succeed in the role, you may have the option to go permanent, business offers a clearly defined progression plan and opportunity to progress into roles based globally with this high-performing brand.