An Accounts Payable Clerk is required to work for a fast growth, Consumer business on a permanent basis, based in West London. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced and sociable environment, for a business which has continued to grow in the past 12 months, predominantly through acquisition.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will take sole ownership for the accounts payable function for 5 entities which includes managing up to 20,000 invoices per annum. The business has recently automated their invoice scanning function allowing this role to also take on duties outside of accounts payable including bank reconciliations and assisting with month-end.
Responsibilities will include:
- Checking the scanned invoices have been allocated to the correct supplier, volumes of up to 20,000 per year
- Ownership for coding all invoices
- Dealing with any supplier queries via telephone and email
- Handling all supplier statement reconciliations
- Responsibility for payment runs including payment of staff expenses
- Assisting with the bank reconciliations across the 5 entities
- Assisting with month-end processes including journals
- Continuously looking at ways to improve the AP process
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years accounts payable experience and will be comfortable processing up to 20,000 invoices per year. The business uses Exchequer and any previous knowledge of this is desirable. You will be confident in nature, with the ability to communicate clearly with both suppliers and internal stakeholders. To succeed in this role, you will thrive at working in a fast-paced, collaborative and sociable environment.
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to progress in your career through taking on additional duties outside of AP. The business is offering a competitive salary with the option to pay for study support should this be required.