This is an opportunity for an Italian-speaking Management Accountant to join a retail brand with a multi-billion turnover, based in Central London, on a permanent basis. You will be joining at a key time in the business as they expand into Italy, this is a newly created role providing hands-on support to the newly created entity.
Reporting to the EMEA Finance Manager, you’ll take full ownership of the creation and management of the Italian entity. This key position will be responsible for the quarterly and annual reporting as well as building and developing strong relationships with the retail operations team, providing analysis and insight into the Italian entity’s performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and developing robust accounting processes for the newly created Italian entity
- Taking ownership of the monthly and quarterly management accounts for the assigned European entities.
- Responsible for completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Management of the year-end for the Italian entity reporting under Italian GAAP.
- Ensuring SOX/Internal Audit compliance is completed for assigned entities.
- Businesses partnering with the retail operations teams to explain variances, margin analysis, and monitor budgets versus forecasts.
The successful candidate will be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified or European equivalent with Italian GAAP experience, with the ability to take ownership for producing month-end and year-end management accounts. Prior experience setting up a new entity is essential and working within the consumer sector (ideally retail) is preferable. Experience in SOX controls and Oracle knowledge is desirable. You will hold excellent problem-solving skills and commit to meeting deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality of work.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with an NYSE-listed global business that has had phenomenal sales growth year on year. The company offers wider progression opportunities, with the potential to move into commercial finance or managerial positions within the foreseeable future. The company offers an excellent benefits scheme including bonuses, 60% off branded products, a hybrid working pattern, and an allowance of 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays)